Vegetable Soup (just like Grannie’s)
No one could make a pot of hearty, healthy, vegetable soup like my Grannie could. More than just a ‘soup’, her pot of delicious fresh veggies was a meal in itself. And served with her pan-fried cornbread…such a treat for me as a kid. I found some of her handwritten notes, and improvised the rest, and this is about as close as it gets to Grannie’s Homemade Cooking.
- 16 oz. Stewed Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Vidalia Onion, sautéed in olive oil
- 3 large Carrots, chopped
- 16 oz quartered small red Potatoes
- Fresh or Frozen corn – about 10 oz.
- Fresh or Frozen Green beans – about 10 oz.
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Seasonings to taste, I used:
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Black Pepper
- Cajun Seasoning
- Sea Salt
Bring to a boil, and simmer, about 45 minutes.
Serve with piping hot cornbread or just a slice of bread and butter.