- 4-6 Medium/Large bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Quinoa cooked 18 minutes in 2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pepper Jack Cheese (I used Daiya non-dairy)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Wrap the green bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat. Or place peppers in microwave for 5 minutes till tender….or place in boiling water for 5 minutes…whichever method you prefer. I boiled mine.
3.In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet, and cook onion, mushrooms, garlic, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender. Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the tomatoes and season with salt, and pepper. Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
Return peppers to the oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes.